What can I do with MapChart?
Change the world! Not really, but you can create a custom map for your school project, your business presentation, your next blog post, or your social media account. Check out the showcase to see some examples of data visualized with MapChart!
Is this free?
It is and will always be free. If this saved you a ton of hours, please consider making a small donation:
Else, you could show your support by visiting the MapChart merchandise store, where you can find really cool map-related T-shirts, hoodies, mugs, and more!
How should I credit your website when publishing maps that I have created here?
You are allowed to use, edit and modify any map created with MapChart for private or commercial use/publication freely, by adding any kind of reference to MapChart in your work.
Some examples of an appropriate reference:
- Keeping the Created with mapchart.net tag that generated maps have embedded.
- A simple link to the front page or any other page of MapChart.
- A text attribution on the page or inside the article/publication where the map is used (as a caption, in the credits, etc).
More info here:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
If the above examples do not cover you, don't hesitate to contact me for more details.
Who is behind this?
A single, self-taught, freelance web developer by the name of Minas. I am always available for working on other web or app projects, so contact me at email@example.com or by using the form on this page and we can work something out.
I have years of experience in map-related projects, so if you are in need of a custom version of MapChart, an extension of its features, or a new special map, that you can use in your organization, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Are there historical maps available?
Of course, you can use Historical Map Chart for historical maps.
Is there a mobile app for this?
Yes! Please use the official MapChart mobile app, available for iOS and Android for free.
Learn more here or get it from the store:
Can you create a MapChart page for <enter country name>?
Send me your request through the contact form! I am constantly adding new maps and I am open to new ideas.
Note that all countries first-level subdivisions maps are already possible. You can use the detailed maps (Europe Detailed, Asia Detailed, etc.) and their 'Isolate One or More Countries' option, to isolate and create a separate map for any country you need. A quick tutorial on this blog post.
My map is not created / I found a bug!
Please try creating your map in Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge first, as these are the best supported browsers (Internet Explorer would not work). If you still face an issue, contact me and I will take a look at it as soon as possible. A screenshot of the problem and/or your map's configuration file would be most helpful.
- Maps edited and optimised with Inkscape.
- This product includes color specifications and designs developed by Cynthia Brewer (http://colorbrewer.org/).
- Color picker based on Spectrum jQuery plugin.
- French Departments map adapted from Wikimedia.
- UK postcode areas map source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0. Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2012.
- Canadian Federal Ridings map adapted from Wikimedia.
- Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
- App Store and iOS are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Tell me about:
- Awesome maps you created!
- Ideas for new countries or regions to add.
- Any feature recommendation.
- Any bug or problem that you may encounter.
- Any opportunity for cooperation between me and you.
If you are submitting an issue or bug, please provide additional information to help with troubleshooting, such as:
- Which browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and OS (Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc.) are you using?
- What actions you were doing when you encountered the bug, e.g. "coloring multiple countries" or "uploading a map's configuration"?
- Sending me a .txt with a saved configuration would also be helpful.
Please make sure that you first read the FAQ on this page.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below: