United States Electoral College Cartogram
Select the color you want and click on a state on the map. Right-click on it to remove its color, use a pattern, or hide it. Advanced...
Add the title you want for the map's legend and choose a label for each color group. Change the color for all states in a group by clicking on it.
Drag the legend on the map to set its position or resize it. Use legend options to customize its color, font, and more.
Select layout for the user interface:
Simple - Reversed ⚡
Your selection will be saved for your next visits to this map page. You can always change this back.
- This map depicts the United States by each state's total electoral votes.
- The Electoral College consists of 538 electors, and an absolute majority of at least 270 electoral votes is required to win the election.
- You can see how many votes each color group has inside the corresponding color box. The totals are updated each time you color or uncolor a state.
- In all but two states, electoral votes are 'winner-take-all', meaning the candidate winning the popular vote normally receives all of that state's votes. Maine and Nebraska have adapted the 'congressional district method', and their votes can be colored distinctly on the map.
- More details can be found in this blog post.